:: Nerf: Switchshots Ultra
.: Statistics measured at iSoaker.com
:: General Stats
Manufacturer: Hasbro Inc.
Copyright Date / Release Date: 1999 / 2000
Availability: No Longer Made
Overall Stats ::
Weight: 440.00 g (15.55 oz.)
Reservoir Volume: 425.00 mL (14.17 fl.oz.)
Firing/Pressure Chamber Volume: N/A
Pump Volume: Air
iSoaker.com Ratings .:
Blaster :: 34.0 cm (13.39 ") x 8.0 cm (3.15 ") x 22.0 cm (8.66 ")
Known Version Colours .:
(From iSoaker.com Findings)
Number of Nozzles: 2 (1 dart; 1 water)
Nozzle Setting .:
Range (45 degrees)
iSoaker Output Rating
iSoaker Power Rating
22.0 mL/s (0.73 oz./s)
- Please see the Statistics page for more details on the specific terms used.
- Statistics measured are from products and water blasters tested here at iSoaker.com; individual water blaster performance may vary.
- Some water blaster models exhibit more variability in terms of performance (i.e. output, range, and power) across a larger number of soakers tested.
- If you use any information from this page and/or any other page on iSoaker.com, please reference iSoaker.com.
- Information may only be used for non-commercial/non-profit uses only. Thanks!
Own this product?
Build your Armoury
The Nerf Switch Shots Ultra is a mid-sized, dual-mode hybrid blaster made by Hasbro. At the front of the blaster is a toggle switch which results in the rotation of the Nerf barrels and revealing the water nozzle when switched. When in the closed-position, the blaster pumps up its Nerf darts firing chambers. If one continues to pump, an internal valve appears to switch and one begins to pressurize the water reservoir. Pulling the trigger with the water-nozzle hidden fire one or both Nerf darts, depending on how far the trigger was pulled. However, turn the switch to expose the water nozzle and one will launch water out of a small nozzle built into the front of the blaster. The stream produced by the Nerf Switch Shots Ultra is roughly equivalent to a Super Soaker XP 20 or Super Soaker XP 40. However, its reservoir style is not as carefully designed, meaning that some water simply cannot be used to soak targets.
Despite its relatively small size, it can give a decent output. While not too useful in a major conflict, one interesting use for this type of blaster should be noted. Firing the Nerf dart first at someone can get their attention, especially if their back is turned. Once they turn around, the ability to soak them becomes a very tempting and achieveable option!
Small, light, simple to use. Easy to carry and to fire. Can fire both Nerf darts as well as water. Fairly inexpensive as well!